Thursday, October 31, 2013

Watch your NOSE

Yes, you heard me right. You can monitor your fullness ol' WLS buddies by paying attention to your nose, at least I can. When I have overeaten, i.e. filled my pouch to the brim, my nose will let me know. It will start to run. Why do I say this? Because after nearly 1.75 years post weigh loss surgery, there are things that you learn and watch for to keep yourself in check. One of my markers - my nose. Running = not good. There are other markers that you will likely notice, again everyone is different, but the runny nose, the heart beating faster (sugar correspondence), etc. You need to learn not only listen to your inner voice, but also what your body is telling you. And, frankly, sometimes that is a very hard thing to actually do.

So, Happy Halloween to all of your out there, and watch your nose - tonight is a tough night for those with kiddos and without - faced with the prospect of free flowing candy. I plan to indulge in a piece or two, but fill my pouch with some good old fashioned protein prior to subjecting myself to the basket o'candy. And, I do have to say, since WLS, I am a much better candy-giver-outer, given my overall goal is to get rid of it by the end of the night. Last year, I handed out so much candy, I had to resort to searching cabinets for treats by the end of the night for the last few beggars. 

Be safe, make mindful choices, and watch your nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment