Thursday, October 24, 2013

Beany Brownies and Pregnancy

One more thing that has helped my pregnancy eating (WLS-friendly) and packed with protein, have been bean brownies. I wrote about black bean brownies earlier this summer, whereas a few weeks ago, I discovered a white bean blondies recipe. I followed the Chocolate Covered Katie Blondies Recipe, which contains white beans, peanut butter, a tad bit of oatmeal, and chocolate chips. You can substitute stevia or Splenda for the brown sugar (or the Splenda blend). It is also a delicious recipe - if you can't stop yourself from eating cookie dough. The reason - no raw eggs. Check her out - www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com and remember, this is not a perfect site for post-WLS folks, but it is a great launching point for healthy alternative desserts or if you are looking for a place to start and make them WLS - friendly. As, I don't know about you, but I got a little sick of the Greek yogurt cheesecake recipes I have been making for the last year and a half. It gives you a great knowledge base.

No comments:

Post a Comment