Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Protein Packed Parfait

After longing admiring the yogurt parfait at Starbucks the other day, I decided there has to be a better WLS friendly version for me. Here is my take on it:


  • Plain Greek Yogurt (I used Fage)
  • Organic Wild Blueberries (Frozen - they tend to be smaller/you get more per serving)
  • GoLean Kashi Honey Almond Cereal (9 grams of protein per 3/4 cup serving)

Get your favorite parfait glass, include your selected serving size of plain Greek yogurt (I go with 1/2 cup), top with blueberries (1/4 to 1/2 cup), and sprinkle with cereal (about a tablespoon). The cereal gives you the right crunch and sweetness, and eliminating the need for additional sweetener. You could also substitute slivered almonds for the cereal or just throw them in for more protein.


  • I know some of you may be upset about the inclusion of the Honey Almond cereal, but I am definitely not using an entire serving. Instead, I am "sprinkling" for some serious crunch. I also like it because of the amount of protein the cereal contains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment